1. Does the Tot Cot® come with the pillow? Yes, a pillow is included with the Tot Cot®.
2. How long is the Tot Cot® - what if my toddler is tall? The length is 52” long which is the same length as a standard preschool/daycare cot. The nap map length fits most children ages 2-5 years old with no problems.
3. Is the nap mat treated with any fire retardants? No, Urban Infant products are never treated with any chemicals. Please see our Green Guard Certification below.
4. How thick/cushioned is the mat; can I use it as a sleeping bag? The Tot Cot® is quilted with a semi-thick padding, but not as cushioned as a stand-alone sleeping bag. It is specifically designed to go on top of a preschool/daycare cot or mat.
5. Is the top blanket big enough and warm enough? The top blanket extends 10 inches past the width, allowing ample coverage over your child when they sleep. It is a poly blend fleece that works in multi-seasons. Like the Goldilocks story, not too hot and not too cold.
6. Is the top blanket attached at the bottom, or just the sides? The blanket is sewn down one side only, allowing it to more freely flap over the child. Some parents have told us their child prefers no blanket - so they can easily “flap it off!”
7. What happens if I wash the pillow by mistake? Your pillow may become “lumpy” if you wash it. The filling tends to shift to one side and can get stuck there. We sell replacement pillows if needed - they ship same day.
8. My school uses fold-up mats instead of cots - will the Tot Cot® work? Yes, the TotCot® fits perfectly on school floor mats as well as consumer travel cots.
9. How big is the secret pocket - what toys will fit in the pocket? The pocket is 7” deep x 5” wide, fits the size of a standard Beanie Baby® for reference.
10. What is the fabric content? The TotCot® is a blend of 35% cotton and 65%. We have varied the content over several years with focus study group of mothers and school directors. This current fabric ratio offers the right balance of softness for the child, yet durability for weekly washings.
11. What kind of pen should I use to write my child’s name? We recommend you use a black Sharpie® marker to write your child’s name on the twill name tag.
12. When the Tot Cot® rolls up, how does it stay closed? The elastic bands - the ones that go around the cot legs - actually twist right over the sides and hold the rolled nap mat together (in the shape of a yoga mat).
13. Is there a way to hang the nap map in my child’s cubby at preschool? Yes, the TotCot® is the only nap mat on the market to offer a unique cubby loop to make it easy for hanging in preschool school cubbies, on any hooks, or over your stroller.